#NaNoWriMo2015 Diary -- Day 30 ... WINNER!



Day 30


Yay!

I wrote a lot and reached 74,802 words when it was time to validate the manuscript on the NaNoWriMo website. I actually signed up for NaNoWriMo this year on November 3rd, three days after it began. I therefore wondered if I could continue NaNoWriMo for an additional 3 days, writing until December 3rd, which would give me a chance to actually complete the novel. 

My first goal was to write 50,000 words.

My second goal was to reach 60,000 words.

My third goal was to complete the novel. I'm very close.

So those three days would've helped a lot.

I therefore contacted Grant Faulkner on Twitter. Grant is the Executive Director of NaNoWriMo. I figured he would know. So I asked him if the three-day rule would apply (start from the bottom):


Grant was very gracious and of course the whole thing was very tongue-in-cheek. Thanks, Grant, for being a good sport!

So, the writing continues. I didn't get started writing today as early as I would have liked (today was grocery today), but as of 1:30 a.m., I've written 10,084 words. I'm almost certain that is a one-day Personal Best for me. The manuscript total word count as of now is 84,884.

The goal now is to string together as many of these 10K-word days as possible consecutively.

So how did your #NaNoWriMo2015 wrap up?

No matter what, just as Grant said in his tweet, KEEP WRITING!!!!!

"A writer writes. Always!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)