10 Questions with Novelist Hardit Singh (@HarditSingh1)



This Author Spotlight
features
Bristol, UK-based writer

Hardit Singh

author of the novel TRAFFIC
as well as the novel DRIVER


and the short stories FAST LANE
and CROSSROADS.



1. How did you get into writing?

Through books. Took up reading again when I was in University and thought to myself ‘I want to try this.’

2. What do you like best (or least) about writing?

The opportunity to create stories filled with characters that provide escapism and which touch and inspire people.

3. What is your writing process? IE do you outline? Do you stick to a daily word or page count, write 7 days a week, etc?

I like to work in the mornings, usually set myself a targeted word count every day and aim to write 7 days a week, but am happy with 5. Currently I don’t outline my work, I like to at least have a beginning and an ending and then begin the journey.

4. Who are some other writers you read and admire, regardless of whether they are commercially “successful?”

Michael Connelly, George Pelecanos, Richard Price and Robert Crais.

5. Should the question mark in the above question be inside or outside the quotes?

I always do inside the quotes.

6. What’s your stance on the Oxford Comma?

I used to not write with the Oxford comma, however after reading Strunk & White The Elements of Style I have decided to use it.

7. What is your book TRAFFIC about and how did it come to fruition?

TRAFFIC is about the world of sex trafficking. It follows a girl’s ordeal of being trafficked and having to adjust to her new world. Even though the daily work is physical, it is the emotional effect, which is also addressed – the fight to survive and her will to find a way out.

8. What’s your current writing project?

An untitled book thus far about a young boy who leaves his family in the pursuit of becoming a writer.

9. What book(s) are you currently reading?

Stephen King – Under the Dome

10. Who or what inspires your writing?

The prospect of ending up in a 9 to 5 job, being able to support my family and to help people with my stories, whether to inspire, move or create some escape.

Finally, is there anything you’d care to add? Please also include where people can read your published stories, buy your book, etc.



You can also follow Hardit on Twitter: @HarditSingh1

Thank you for sharing your work with us, Hardit.

If you are an author/writer/novelist and would like to be featured in a future Author Spotlight, contact me at AuthorRyanSchneider@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)