Do You Read On Your Phone?

I do.

I began reading on my phone about eight months ago, when my wife Taliya and I purchased two LG G3 smarphones. The 5.5" quad-HD display works just fine for reading. I always figured a phone screen would be too small. I always assumed I'd continue reading ebooks on my Kindle Fire.

But after reading ebooks on my phone, which has something like 540 pixels per inch of resolution and looks stunning, I found reading on my Kindle Fire (1st gen) no longer tolerable; the text now appears blurry to me. Funny how I never noticed it before.

The Wall Street Journal has a new article examining the rise of the smart phone and its dominance in the world of ebooks. Both Apple and Amazon have noticed an increase in downloads to smartphones and a decline in downloads to tablets and dedicated e-readers.

I for one don't want to monkey around with two devices. Reading on the phone is very convenient. I can hold it in one hand and still turn the page. I can read virtually anywhere at any time. And it fits in my pocket. The Kindle Fire will not fit in my pocket.

So, do you read on your phone?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)