10 Questions with Debut Writer Jamie Adams @JamieAdStories





Short Dates
a Collection
of
Short Stories

by
Jamie Adams




This author spotlight features Uk-based writer Jamie Adams, author of the new short story collection Short Dates, available now on Amazon.

Jamie is a 40 year old teacher who is looking to find an outlet for his creativity through the medium of writing both short stories and Novellas.

1.How did you get into writing and why do you write?

I write because lots of interesting story snippets are whirling around in my head and I want to let them out. As a teacher I have taught English in school for many years and studied many genres along the way. I want to explore my own style and have some fun along the way.

2.What do you like best (or least) about writing?

I like the process of making a story up, or as I say, letting it out!
The hardest thing for me is writing endings so I keep them short and sweet, as for me, stories are all about the build up and twists.

3.What is your writing process? IE do you outline? Do you stick to a daily word or page count, write 7 days a week, etc?

I work four days a week and write on my day off. I also usually write for an hour or so every evening; usually more, as I often get carried away.

4.Who are some other writers you read and admire, regardless of whether they are commercially “successful?”

I adore the work of Joanne Harris, who wrote the best seller, ‘Chocolat’ and many other best sellers. I also like reading Roald Dahl’s work to the children and enjoy his adult books.

5.Should the question mark in the above question be inside or outside the quotes?
For me, the question mark should sit within inverted commas – although single or double inverted commas are a matter of choice. My preference is single ones.

6.What’s your stance on the Oxford Comma?

I have no stance.

7.What is your book Short Dates about and how did it come to fruition?

I wanted to challenge myself to create a collection of stories loosely connected by the idea of dates or dating. Some stories relate to finding love and others reflect on different and often lost loves.

8.What’s your current writing project?

I am writing a Novella about three dads whose children go to the same school. They are trying to keep together difficult marriages when a dramatic occurrence drives a wedge between everyone and then binds them together.

9.What book(s) are you currently reading?

I am reading a short story book called, ‘A Cat, a Hat and a Piece of String,’ by Joanne Harris.

10.Who or what inspires your writing?

I am inspired by the children I teach who spend a long time trying to improve their writing and make me want to do better myself.

Finally, is there anything you’d care to add? Please also include where people can read your published stories, buy your book, etc.

Twitter is @JamieAdStories


Thanks, Jamie!

Congratulations, once more, upon publishing your first literary work. It takes a lot of work and a lot of courage to do so. Please visit with us again when your novella is ready.

Be sure to grab a copy of Jamie's book from Amazon today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)