10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)

This
Author Spotlight
features

Sandra Glosser

author of
My Name is Bacci Bogie: Frequent Flyer Extraordinaire



Sandra Glosser has enjoyed a 30-year career as an international motivational speaker/trainer with expertise in law enforcement training. When she moved to Aspen, Colorado, she wrote a newspaper column and then penned a book about a local police officer who moved to the community as an undercover agent. She also enjoyed a fourteen-year experience as a host for her local television show. Writing became a hobby as she pursued her speaking career traveling across the country with her magnificent 'jet pet' Bacci Bogie.

Sandra & Bacci

1.How did you get into writing and why do you write?


One might say with a sense of humor, “from the ground up.” My first writing gig was with the Dallas Morning News as an obituary writer.  I had met one of their reporters in a journalism class.  He suggested it would be a great place to get my feet wet.  I had a chance inbetween obits to write some color stories and rather enjoyed it.  My ambition was to write a television sports show for women; however, got off track when I decided to move to Aspen, Colorado. 

I proposed to one of the local newspapers a weekly column and enjoyed that for three years.  During that time, I heard about an Aspen cop who came to the community as an undercover and thought this might be a springboard for a novel.  And, I pursued it and wrote a 500-page novel called Penguin

2.What do you like best (or least) about writing?

Writing is a great way for me to spend unstructured time.  I feel connected when I write.  What I dislike are the rewrites.

3.What is your writing process? IE do you outline? Do you stick to a daily word or page count, write 7 days a week, etc? 

Actually, I am most drawn to write about things that I know about and the words come easy. 

4.Who are some other writers you read and admire, regardless of whether they are commercially “successful?”

Hemingway, Eckert Tolle, Rollo May.  I enjoy several writers who also speak.  Hmm, wonder why as I enjoyed a 30-year career as a public speaker/trainer.
  
5. Should the question mark in the above question be inside or outside the quotes?

You got me on that one.  I think inside but I’m not positive. 

6. What’s your stance on the Oxford Comma?

Don’t really like it.

7.What is your book about and how did it come to fruition?

My Name Is Bacci Bogie: Frequent Flyer Extraordinaire is based on travels with my ‘jet pet’. Bacci, a four-pound, adorable Maltese dog, traveled over 500,000 air miles with me and had an extremely exciting life.  His antics made him the center of attention wherever he went.  The book is focused on his experiences as my companion and I wrote it from his point of view and in his voice.  A real challenge for me to think and react like a dog. It was a natural that I would write about it as I lived it.



8.What’s your current writing project?

I’ve just published this book and have 20 short stories locked away just waiting for my attention.

 9.What book(s) are you currently reading?

I’ve been too focused on this book.

10.Who or what inspires your writing?

My life has inspired my writing and the way I have lived it.  My 30-year career as a motivational speaker specializing in law enforcement groups, has given me much material for many more books.  I also enjoyed a 14-year run as the hostess for my own television show on a local Aspen TV station.

Finally, is there anything you’d care to add? Please also include where people can read your published stories, buy your book, etc.

My book is available on Amazon.  Choose Books, put my name, Sandra Glosser, in search and magic happens.  If you are a dog lover, you can’t help but fall in love with Bacci and his story.  Everyone who has given me feedback, says the same.  He is also inspirational in nature, clever and funny.  You can get a sense of him even before you read the book by visiting www.baccibogie.com

Thank you, Sandra! It's a delightful book everyone is sure to enjoy.

Be sure to purchase a copy of  My Name is Bacci Bogi: Frequent Flyer Extraordinaire today!


Comments

  1. AMAZON HAS TAKEN A SEGMENT FROM MY CURRENT BOOK IN MOTION AND MADE IT INTO A BOOKLET "CONFESSIONS OF A CONGRESSIONAL ASSISTANT."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)